09 October 2011

Our Best Waffles Ever

Last night I was reading an article about geek cooking and came across a recipe for yeasty waffles. I don't know the exact source (I'll post it later if I find it) but here is my approximation of the recipe. It was so easy to combine the ingredients before bed, cover and refrigerate the batter overnight. My husband, who claims to be neither a baker nor a waffle maker, turned out excellent specimens for the kids while I slept in. What's tastier than that?

 Overnight Yeasty Waffles

Combine in a large bowl or plastic storage container.

1/4 c melted butter (I microwaved it right in the mixing bowl)
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tbs honey
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 c flour (I was out of ordinary flour so used White Lily Self Rising Flour and omitted 1 tsp of salt called for in the original recipe)

Whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight. To cook, preheat waffle iron to medium. Fill 2/3 full and cook until steam is released and waffles are golden. Leftover batter may be stored refrigerated for a 2 days. 

No comments: